2018-2019 Student Handbook 
    Jun 22, 2021  
2018-2019 Student Handbook [Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Course Waivers

National Park College, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, provides the following guidelines on course substitutions. Students seeking any non-transferrable degree who are unable to fulfill degree-specific requirements due to a documented disability may request consideration for a course substitution. A discipline-relevant course substitution may be applied to programs of study with the approval of the appropriate academic dean for students seeking an Associate of Liberal Studies, Associate of Applied Science, Technical Certificate, or Certificate of Proficiency.

Substitutions cannot be granted for essential degree requirements. Also, National Park College cannot grant course substitutions for transfer degrees that are aligned with another college or university. In such cases, approval of course substitutions for transfer degrees must come from the college or university awarding the final degree.  National Park College may retroactively accept substitutions from these institutions to confer the appropriate Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degrees.  

Students receiving a course substitution under the aforementioned guidelines acknowledge that the substitution may not be recognized by any future college or university that the student may attend. Disability Services will guide students through the course substitution process. The Disability Services office is located in Room 240 of the Gerald Fisher Campus Center Building.  You are also welcome to call us at (501) 760-4227 or e-mail rhendrix2@np.edu for more information.