FREN 1113 - Beginning French II*
Continuation of FREN 1103 - Beginning French I* . This is a course designed to continue the development of the four basic language skills in French: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Emphasis is placed on basic to advanced vocabulary, grammatical structures, and cultural aspects of the language.
ACTS Equivalent Course Number = FREN 1023
Prerequisite: FREN 1103 - Beginning French I* or equivalent.
Course Level Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a basic understanding of French spelling, pronunciation, and elementary grammar rules. (GEO 1)
2. Engage in French language conversation and written communication in the French language to describe daily activities, provide and obtain information, and express feelings and emotions. (GEO 1, 2, 3)
3. Use proper French verbs in the past tense. (GEO 3)
4. Develop skills for understanding written and spoken French for academic life, family, free time, likes and dislikes, vacations, climate, and geography-in present, near future, and past tenses. (GEO 2, 3)
5. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of important components of French-speaking culture. (GEO 3, 4)
ACTS Equivalent Course Number: FREN 1023
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)