Jan 24, 2022
July 1, 2019
- All Associate of Science in Education plans for transfer to either HSU or UCA share a common first semester
- All Associate of Science in Education plans for transfer to HSU share common first and second semesters
- Language Arts/Science, Math/Science, and Science/Social Studies plans for transfer to HSU share common first, second, and third semesters.
About This Degree
This curriculum* is designed for persons who plan to obtain an Associate of Science in Education degree at National Park College (NPC) and transfer to the Henderson State University (HSU) to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
Start Here / Finish There
NPC Faculty Mentor: Lindsey Vondenstein (Lindsey.Vondenstein@np.edu) 501-760.4233
Prerequisite courses and/or developmental courses may need to be taken in addition to this suggested plan of study.
NPU Transfer Resources: • Transfer 101 • Transfer Checklists • Transfer FAQ
HSU Transfer Admission information and policies
Additional HSU admittance requirements for the HSU Education Preparation Program (EPP):
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (remedial course grades will not be included in the cumulative GPA for purposes of admission to HSU)
- Have at least a “C” in English Composition I and II, Fundamentals of Public Speaking, and College Algebra
- Due to state licensure requirements, students cannot transfer any “D” grade credit toward any of the requirements for either the Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education K-6, Middle Level Education 4-8, or the Special Education K-12, degree at HSU
- Pass Entrance Interview
- Receive Credit for Teacher Education Orientation
- Pass all three Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE) exams OR have an ACT score of 20 or higher in Reading and Math and a score of 6 or higher in Writing.
HSU Transfer Scholarship information and policies
*The curriculum prepares you for licensure/cewrtification in Arkansas.
How to Use the Graduation Map
Full-time? Part-time? Need developmental courses? Starting in the Spring or Summer?
Take courses in the order shown on the Graduation Map. See your academic advisor to help streamline your path toward degree completion.*
Semester 1 - Fall (16 Credit Hours)
Semester 2 - Spring (16 Credit Hours)
Semester 3 - Fall (16 Credit Hours)
Semester 4 - Spring (14 Credit Hours)
62 Transferable Credit Hours
The NPC Honors Program
The NPC Honors Program is accepting applications.
Learn more about the NPC Honors Program.
Remaining Courses to be Completed at HSU