About This Degree
This curriculum* is designed for persons who plan to obtain an Associate of Science in Education degree at National Park College (NPC) and transfer to the Henderson State University (HSU) to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
Start Here / Finish There
NPC Faculty Mentor: Lindsey Vondenstein (Lindsey.Vondenstein@np.edu) 501-760.4233
Prerequisite courses and/or developmental courses may need to be taken in addition to this suggested plan of study.
NPU Transfer Resources: • Transfer 101 • Transfer Checklists • Transfer FAQ
HSU Transfer Admission information and policies
Additional HSU admittance requirements for the HSU Education Preparation Program (EPP):
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (remedial course grades will not be included in the cumulative GPA for purposes of admission to HSU)
- Have at least a “C” in English Composition I and II, Fundamentals of Public Speaking, and College Algebra
- Due to state licensure requirements, students cannot transfer any “D” grade credit toward any of the requirements for either the Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education K-6, Middle Level Education 4-8, or the Special Education K-12, degree at HSU
- Pass Entrance Interview
- Receive Credit for Teacher Education Orientation
- Pass all three Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE) exams OR have an ACT score of 20 or higher in Reading and Math and a score of 6 or higher in Writing.
HSU Transfer Scholarship information and policies
*The curriculum prepares you for licensure/cewrtification in Arkansas.