2021-2022 College Catalog 
    Jul 19, 2024  
2021-2022 College Catalog [Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Graduation Map: Middle Level Education, AS for Transfer to HSU BSE in Middle Level Education 4-8 - Math & Language Arts

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Graduation Maps (Semester Plans)


  • All Associate of Science in Education plans for transfer to either HSU or UCA share a common first semester
  • All Associate of Science in Education plans for transfer to HSU share common first and second semesters
  • Language Arts/Social Studies, Math/Language Arts, and Math/Social Studies plans for transfer to HSU share common first, second, and third semesters

About This Degree

Start Here / Finish There

NPC Faculty Mentor: Lindsey Vondenstein (Lindsey.Vondenstein@np.edu) 501-760.4233

  • This curriculum* is designed for persons who plan to obtain an Associate of Science in Education degree at National Park College (NPC) and transfer to the Henderson State University (HSU) to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
  • Prerequisite courses and/or developmental courses may need to be taken in addition to this suggested plan of study.

HSU Transfer Admission information and policies

Additional HSU admittance requirements for the HSU Education Preparation Program (EPP):

  • Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (remedial course grades will not be included in the cumulative GPA for purposes of admission to HSU)
  • Have at least a “C” in English Composition I and II, Fundamentals of Public Speaking, and College Algebra
  • Due to state licensure requirements, students cannot transfer any “D” grade credit toward any of the requirements for either the Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education K-6, Middle Level Education 4-8, or the Special Education K-12, degree at HSU
  • Pass Entrance Interview
  • Receive Credit for Teacher Education Orientation

HSU Transfer Scholarship information and policies

NPUC Transfer Resources:   • Transfer 101  •  Transfer Checklists  •  Transfer FAQ

NPC Honors Program: The NPC Honors Program is accepting applications. Learn more about the NPC Honors Program.

*The curriculum prepares you for licensure/certification in Arkansas.

How to Use the Graduation Map

Full-time? Part-time? Need developmental courses? Starting in the Spring or Summer?
Take courses in the order shown on the Graduation Map. See your academic advisor to help streamline your path toward degree completion.*

Scholarship recipients: Please be aware of eligibility criteria for your scholarship(s).  In particular, pay attention to (1) the enrollment requirements each semester for disbursement of your scholarship(s) and (2) the number of hours and GPA required each semester and/or year for renewal of your scholarship(s).  Graduation Maps provide a semester-by-semester course listing to allow you to graduate on time.  Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at (501) 760-6398 with any questions regarding enrollment/renewal requirements of your scholarship(s).

Semester 1 - Fall (16 Credit Hours)

Semester 2 - Spring (16 Credit Hours)

Semester 3 - Fall (16 Credit Hours)

61 Transferable Credit Hours

The NPC Honors Program

The NPC Honors Program is accepting applications.
Learn more about the NPC Honors Program.

Remaining Courses to be Completed at HSU

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Graduation Maps (Semester Plans)