2021-2022 College Catalog 
    Apr 13, 2024  
2021-2022 College Catalog [Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Graduation Map: Instrumental Performance - Wind, Percussion & Strings, AS-LAS for Transfer to HSU BM in Instrumental Performance: Wind, Percussion, Strings

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Graduation Maps (Semester Plans)

About This Degree

Start Here / Finish There

NPC Faculty Mentor: Ferris Allen (Ferris.Allen@np.edu) 501.760.6584

  • This curriculum* is designed for persons who plan to obtain an Associate of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences (ASLAS) degree at National Park College (NPC) and transfer to the Henderson State University (HSU) to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
  • Prerequisite courses and/or developmental courses may need to be taken in addition to this suggested plan of study.

HSU Transfer Admission information and policies

Additional HSU admittance requirements for this program:

  • The student must complete the requirements necessary for general admission to HSU
  • The student will have earned the Associate of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences at NPC, with at least a 2.75 cumulative grade point average (remedial course grades will not be computed in the cumulative GPA for purposes of admission)
  • Degree program admission requirements will be determined in the same manner as if initial enrollment had been at HSU
  • Enrollment in upper level applied major courses requires completion of a Performance Assessment

HSU Transfer Scholarship information and policies

NPUC Transfer Resources:   • Transfer 101  •  Transfer Checklists  •  Transfer FAQ

NPC Honors Program: The NPC Honors Program is accepting applications. Learn more about the NPC Honors Program.

How to Use the Graduation Map

Full-time? Part-time? Need developmental courses? Starting in the Spring or Summer?
Take courses in the order shown on the Graduation Map. See your academic advisor to help streamline your path toward degree completion.*

Scholarship recipients: Please be aware of eligibility criteria for your scholarship(s).  In particular, pay attention to (1) the enrollment requirements each semester for disbursement of your scholarship(s) and (2) the number of hours and GPA required each semester and/or year for renewal of your scholarship(s).  Graduation Maps provide a semester-by-semester course listing to allow you to graduate on time.  Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at (501) 760-6398 with any questions regarding enrollment/renewal requirements of your scholarship(s).

Semester 1 - Fall (16 Credit Hours)

Core Courses

Semester 2 - Spring (16 Credit Hours)

  • 3 Credits
  • Choose from: MUS 1753 Private Violin II or MUS 1773 Private Viola II or MUS 1793 Private Cello II or MUS 1813 Private String Bass II or MUS 1833 Private Euphonium II or MUS 1853 Private Horn II or MUS 1873 Private Trombone II or MUS 1893 Private Trumpet II or MUS 1913 Private Tuba II or MUS 1933 Private Bassoon II or MUS 1953 Private Clarinet II or MUS 1623 Private Flute II or MUS 1973 Private Oboe II or MUS 1993 Private Saxophone II or MUS 1663 Private Percussion II

  • 0 Credits

Core Courses

Semester 3 - Fall (16 Credit Hours)

  • 3 Credits
  • Choose from: MUS 2743 Private Violin III or MUS 2763 Private Viola III or MUS 2783 Private Cello III or MUS 2803 Private String Bass III or MUS 2823 Private Euphonium III or MUS 2843 Private Horn III or MUS 2863 Private Trombone III or MUS 2883 Private Trumpet III or MUS 2903 Private Tuba III or MUS 2923 Private Bassoon III or MUS 2943 Private Clarinet III or MUS 2663 Private Flute III or MUS 2963 Private Oboe III or MUS 2983 Private Saxophone III or MUS 2653 Private Percussion III

  • 0 Credits

Semester 4 - Spring (17 Credit Hours)

  • 3 Credits
  • Choose from: MUS 2753 Private Violin IV or MUS 2773 Private Viola IV or MUS 2793 Private Cello IV or MUS 2813 Private String Bass IV or MUS 2833 Private Euphonium IV or MUS 2853 Private Horn IV or MUS 2873 Private Trombone IV or MUS 2893 Private Trumpet IV or MUS 2913 Private Tuba IV or MUS 2933 Private Bassoon IV or MUS 2953 Private Clarinet IV or MUS 2673 Private Flute IV or MUS 2973 Private Oboe IV or MUS 2993 Private Saxophone IV or MUS 2733 Private Percussion IV​

  • 0 Credits

65 Credit Hours

* Denotes NPC courses included in the Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS)

The NPC Honors Program

The NPC Honors Program is accepting applications.
Learn more about the NPC Honors Program.

Remaining Courses to be Completed at HSU


Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Graduation Maps (Semester Plans)